Saturday 12 July 2008

Okay, fresh information

now, i've been here for about two days and it's good :) I've found out information like i'm not teaching a workshop but a whole lot of classes every day here in this city. I'm going to teach around four classes per day and when it's about yoga, it feels like a lot.

Yesterday I taught two classes and it wasn't that bad. It was good and I think I will be alright. I've been feeling very nervous about teaching something i've never taught before but it went quite okay! I don't think I should complain. It will take time to become a good teacher in yoga but it was fun and I think I will have a good time here in this city.

Dancing. Haha Joelle who is the owner of this house and who is the woman that I am staying at asked me yesterday if I wanted to do anything during my spare time here in this city. I couldn't think of anything else than danceclasses so that was what we decided for me to do. We called a dancestudio and checked what classes they had and what kind of levels. Since I brought a par of tapshoes wich i borrowed from school i thought that I could take a few lessons. I got do the dancestudio today and guess what. The class that I wanted to take was a tap class. A good teacher was there and the studio was very good too. Nice wodden floor so that you could hear the sounds of the taps well and then there were about five girls in the age of ten who attended the class. When I came in everybody including the teacher was hardly taller than up to my chest. I felt like had fallen in to a class for kids and that I was the big giant in the group looking down on everybody.

Anyway it just felt strange practicing with kids 8 to 12 years younger than me so I took the class and left even when I was supposed to take a contemporary class after. They were as young as on the tapclass. And no it's nothing wrong with their skills. I guess they're good i don't know but I just wanted to be able to practice with a diciplined group with people maybe three years younger than me and older. I might seem silly but i just wasn't able to practice together with kids that age if i'm taking the class myself. Hope you guys understand.

I'm tired and hungry hope i'll get the energy to write more here soon and knowing what to write because i don't

1 comment:

Erik Ahrnbom said...

Vi förstår. Klart du inte vill träna med barngruppen.Se till att vila emellan dina klasser också.Lycka till!!
Kram från familjen